Pediatrics is a medical specialty that deals with newborns, infants, children and adolescents. The pediatric team at Faruk Medical City (FMC) has the abilities and facilities to deal with various childhood diseases.
Pediatric is related to the branch of medicine which is concerned with the development, care, and diseases of babies and children. It is a field where the health of infants, children, and adolescents are highly looked after. Their growth and development; and their opportunity to achieve full potential as adults is at most importance.
Services provided by Pediatric Department at FMC:
- Regular checkup for children
- Initial resuscitation and care of newly born babies
- Care of various problems in newly born babies in our neonatal intensive care unit which is equipped with the most recent devices and technology
- Management of various childhood diseases.
- Treatment of severely ill children in our emergency department and medical ward
- Management of rare diseases including doing sophisticated investigations in our laboratory to reach the diagnosis
- Management of delayed speech and autism