As Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons at Faruk Medical City (FMC), we specialize in surgery of the heart, lungs, chest, esophagus and major blood vessels of the body.
Since 2014, CTVS has been proud to offer the best specialized and inventor cardiothoracic and vascular surgical care available.
Our management, inclusive post-operative care and 24-hour availability reserve our patients the ability to return as soon as possible to normal good health. The best diagnostic and surgical techniques are provided by CTVS surgeons at FMC.
Our team provides the full framework of adult cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgery with affirmation placed on the management of patients with ischemic heart disease, valvular disorders, thoracic aneurysms and thoracic oncology, valve surgery, lung cancer, dialysis access, and lower extremity peripheral arterial disease management.
The department provides for each patient a high personalized attention beginning with the initial consultation right through to the patient’s discharge and further follow-up visits.
The Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery perform a variety of procedures.
Cardiac and open heart surgeries:
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgeries (CABG) including high risk surgeries and urgent operations.
- Heart valve surgeries: aortic arch and aortic valve surgeries, mitral valve repair and replacement, tricuspid valve surgery
- Surgery for infective endocarditis.
- Surgery for aorta, Marfan syndrome, other complex aortic surgeries.
- Surgery for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Adult and pediatric congenital heart diseases surgery.
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Tricuspid valve regurgitation
- Pediatric cardiac surgeries for children older than one year. (ASD, VSD, PDA, COARCTATION OF AORTA, TOF, ALL TYPES OF VALVE REPAIR).
- Vascular bypass grafting for chronic arterial obstructions
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic surgery
- Carotid end arterectomy
- Carotid body tumors surgery
- Vascular repair and grafting in traumatic vascular injury
- Embolectomy for acute arterial obstructions
- Creation of AV fistula for dialysis access
- Varicose veins of lower limbs surgery
- Pulmonary resection for (tumor bronchiectasis, hydatid cyst, lobectomies)
- Traumatic thoracic injury surgeries.
- Thoraco-scopic approach for dorsal sympathectomy.
- All types of bronchoscopy for adult and pediatric (diagnostic and therapeutic).
- Thoracic outlet syndrome operation.
- Diaphragmatic surgeries.
- Mediastinal surgeries.
- Surgeries for trachea and esophagus (tumors, Ivor- Louis).
The main goal in Faruk Medical City (FMC) Vein clinic is to treat varicose veins without surgery by using newest devices and techniques in the field.
Patients with vein diseases usually have painful, swollen legs, or spider veins, nearly 60 percent of adults suffer from vein problems. The problems associated with varicose and spider veins. In some cases, they can cause serious health problems. In FMC Vein Clinic, Our experienced vascular surgeons are experts in diagnosing and treating vascular and vein disease. We can restore healthy, great-looking legs by new procedures in about 1-2 hours and all procedures provided in day case department.
The FMC vein clinic team are highly trained clinical professionals–from vascular doctors and physician assistants to nurses and radiologist doctors. Our experienced doctors and staff specialize in providing modern diagnosis and minimally invasive vein disease treatments that are scientifically proven for improving vein health.
Stripping and Ligation
The removal diseased painful vein stripping that required weeks of recovery and in-patient care. This is simply no longer the case with FMC Vein Clinic, and our range of treatment options, our team can suggest and recommend many alternatives to painful vein ligation which are virtually painless and require no recovery time. Among these procedures, FMC vein clinic can offer the following modern procedures:
A minimally invasive procedure used to remove varicose veins on the surface of the leg. Phlebectomy uses local anesthesia and tiny skin incisions that do not require stitches and are barely visible when they heal.
Sclerotherapy is a safe, proven medical procedure that treats both the symptoms and the cause of varicose veins and spider veins. Sclerotherapy treatment sessions usually take less than one hour, with no hospitalization required. Most patients do not find sclerotherapy treatments to be particularly painful, and recovery time is generally very short, most people are back to their regular routine the same day. For sclerotherapy treatments, a series of microinjections of a solution (“sclerosant”) are administered directly into varicose veins or spider veins.
Endovenous Laser Ablation Treatment, also known as laser therapy, is a safe, proven medical procedure that not only treats the symptoms of varicose veins, but also treats the underlying condition that causes them. The outpatient procedure time is usually less than one hour and does not require hospitalization. Most people do not find endovenous laser ablation to be overly uncomfortable, and recovery time is generally a matter of hours.
In EVLA the doctor uses a small optic fiber inserted directly into targeted veins, and laser light is delivered to heat and collapse veins with unhealthy valves. The procedure is nearly always performed under ultrasound guidance, giving the doctor a live view of veins, for accuracy and safety.