Our consultants provide diagnostic, and therapeutic services for the full spectrum of pulmonary diseases, disorders of breathing, and critical care illnesses. These services include:
- Physiologic assessment of the respiratory system
- Pulmonary functions at rest and during exercise
- Diagnostic and therapeutic fiberoptic bronchoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic thoracentesis, pleural biopsy, and transthoracic needle aspirate
- Respiratory care for the patient on chronic ventilation therapy
Pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine specialists at FMC are experts at solving the most serious and complex medical challenges faced by individuals with conditions that affect the lungs and breathing.
The Respiratory Care Unit (RCU), which is equipped with specialized nurses and respiratory therapist, provides patient and family education and training for the care of chronically ventilated patients to facilitate the care at home.
The team at Respiratory and Sleep Disorders Center has ability and facility to assess, diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders and sleep-disordered breathing. All suspected cases of sleep problem, can visit us to take recommendations and necessary interventions.