FMC Endocrine and Diabetes Clinic diagnoses and treats patients with the following Endocrine Systemic Diseases and Disorders:
- Thyroid diseases.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Pituitary conditions.
- Sex and fertility disorders.
- Parathyroid, calcium and bone conditions.
- Condition of the adrenal gland.
- Cholesterol (lipid) disorders.
- Abnormal growth disorders (short and tall stature).
- Neuro-endocrine conditions.
- Education and advice on treating and avoiding low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar (hyperglycemia).
- Support for children and teenagers diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
- Support and help for managing diabetes.
- Referral to other specialists at FMC for additional assessments.
The endocrine glands of the human body release chemical messengers called hormones directly into the bloodstream. Endocrinology is a field of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and management of a diverse range of hormonal and metabolic disorders.
Hormones help regulates the function of cells and organs, which means that hormonal disorders and endocrine diseases can affect multiple organs and body systems.
Endocrinology also covers metabolic problems (disorders of body chemistry) such as high calcium or high cholesterol. Many patients have a combination of endocrine and metabolic problems.
Faruk Medical City (FMC)’s Endocrine and Diabetes Clinic is run by Specialist Endocrinologist-Dialectologist jointly with a Diabetes Specialist Nurse-Educator. The team personalize your treatment plan according to your individual lifestyle in line with multi-disciplinary approach.
Our Endocrine and Diabetes Clinic works closely with other FMC’s specialists, including Cardiologists, Ophthalmologists, Obstetricians, Neurologists, Orthopedic Surgeons and Vascular Surgeons, in order to fully and successfully manage all aspects of diabetes.
- Getting information on the latest and the most efficient treatments for diabetes.
- Help in understanding their recently diagnosed condition.
- Provide assistance to patient who has long-term diabetes but feel they do not understand their condition or feel it is having a negative impact on their quality of life.
- Support and advice when fasting during the Holy Month of Ramadan.
- Providing support and advice for family planning and needed intensive monitoring during pregnancy.
- Give extra support and advice before, during and after any surgery.
- Complete awareness on blood sugar regulation and monitoring hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) especially for those with regular hypoglycemia.
- Give education on proper diet and understanding their food intake choices better.
- Provide information or recommendation on the types and duration of sports and adventure trips.
- Giving guides on proper weight control
- Proper management of diabetic foot pain and ulcers.
- Full diabetes assessment and screening for both Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes.
- Providing Insulin Pump Therapy for children and adults with Type 1 diabetes since 2015.
- A wide range of foot care services and treatment options for diabetic foot.
- Diagnosis, monitoring and care for women who have diabetes and become pregnant as well as those who develop gestational diabetes.
- Information, education and support to enable you to understand diabetes and its impact on your body so that you can play a full role in its management.
- Specialist dietary advice and support on diet and healthy eating.