We provide excellent patient care by providing information, education and treatment services for comprehensive otolaryngological and skull base conditions.
The ENT and skull base surgery specialist works with a neurosurgeon and a surgical technician as a team to perform all skull base surgeries, whether it is anterior skull base or lateral skull base surgery ( 360 degree skull base surgery) through the nose (rhinoscopy) to the anterior skull base, in addition to microscopic surgeries. Lateral skull base surgeries include, but are not limited to:
- Acoustic neuroma (vestibular schwannoma), meningioma and petrous apex lesion
- MVD, paragangliomas both jugulor and tympanic paragangliomas, temporal bone resection in tumor cases, facial nerve injury repair
- Endoscopic anterior skull base surgeries such as: CSF leak repair, meningocele or meningoencephalocele repair, all benign tumors of nose and paranasal sinuses, malignant tumors of nose and paranasal sinuses (which are endoscopically indicated), endoscopic resection of angiofibroma, septal perforation repair by endoscope, orbital and optic nerve decompression, sphenopalatine artery ligation for recurrent epistaxis, choanal atresia repair, Draf III. In addition to all open approaches for nose and paranasal sinuses and skull base, endoscopic trans-nasal approaches for pituitary tumor and craniopharyngioma.
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery ,turbinoplasty, and endoscopic septoplasty
- Middle ear surgeries, including Stapedotomy and ossiculoplasty, myringoplasty, mastoid surgeries and atresia surgeries.
- Cochlear implantation and rehabilitation
- Endoscopic evaluation of nasal and sinus disorders
- Reconstructive and Aesthetic Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- Tonsillectomy and nasal adenoidectomy with the use of latest devices
- Evaluation and treatment of snoring and sleep apnea
- Coblator surgeries
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Surgery of Tongue and Oral Cavity
- Laryngeal carcinoma management, neck dissection, pharyngeal disease management, management of neck mass and vocal cord lesion management
- Balance Disorders Assessment: including Vestibular Nystagmography (VNG), Spontaneous Nystagmus, Gaze, Smooth Pursuit, Saccade, Dix-Hallpike, Positional and Optokinetic Tests
- Hearing Assessment: including Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA), Tympanometry with Reflexes, Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE), Auditory Brain Stem Response (ABR) and Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR)
Otolaryngology and Skull Base Surgery is the medical specialty concerned with investigating, diagnosing and treating medical and surgical disorders of the ear, nose, upper respiratory tract, and tumors of the head, neck and glands.The Department of Otolaryngology and Skull Base Surgery is equipped with the latest technologies, and our highly qualified and experienced doctors provide the best possible care for patients of all age groups.