At Faruk Medical City (FMC), General Surgery department consists of board certified and highly qualified surgeons who perform an extremely wide range of surgeries. These surgeries include, but are not limited to; the abdominal organs (i.e. esophagus, stomach, bowels, liver, pancreas, and gallbladder), thyroid, parathyroid, abdominal wall, breasts and skin.
Approximately most of the surgeries may be performed with a laparoscopic technique. Our surgeons have more than 15 years of the most advance laparoscopic training. The most common surgeries performed by our expert surgeons are laparoscopic hernia repair, laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, laparoscopic bowel resection, breast cancer surgery, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, and laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal cancer related surgery
- Laparoscopic and open stomach surgery (Reflux operations)
- Laparoscopic and open gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repairs surgery (all type of hernias)
- Laparoscopic and open colon surgery
- Laparoscopic and open appendectomy
- Laparoscopic and open adrenal gland surgery
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery
- Laparoscopic and open splenectomy
- Breast surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Laser hemorrhoidectomy
- Anal fistula operations
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy procedures