Our Neurophysiology Clinic offers all needed Electrophysiological studies of variable neurological conditions, our services include:
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) to assess the brain electrical activity and to support the diagnosis of epilepsy and assess the cerebral function in comatose and paralyzed patients.
- EMG (Electromyography) and NCS (Nerve Conduction Studies)
- VEP (Visual Evoked Potential)
- AEP (Brainstem Auditory evoked potential)
- SSEPs (Somatosensory Evoked Potential studies) to assess the functional integrity of the neural pathway (dorsal column involvement)
Neurophysiology is a study of physiology dealing with the functions of the central and peripheral nervous system. This is a part of neuroscience that examines the normal and abnormal functions of the nervous system including the chemical and electrical activities.
The nervous system is studied through the recording of the bioelectrical activity, whether spontaneous or stimulated. This specialty is broad as many different levels are involved in the overall functioning of the nervous system and its components.