The doctors working in the department of Orthopedics are European board qualified doctors covering all the following areas:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Total hip replacement and revision hip surgeries
- Total knee replacement and revision knee surgeries
- Arthroscopic surgeries of the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle joints
- Hand and wrist surgeries
- Foot and ankle surgeries
- Bone Tumor surgeries
- Bone and joint infection surgeries
The department of Orthopedics and Traumatology covers emergency cases 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including weekends and holidays.
The department of Orthopedics is supported by a highly qualified radiologists, physiotherapists and infection control nurse, in which FMC is the only private hospital in Iraq having a dedicated infection control team.