- Diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of various rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Information, education and support to enable the patient to understand his disease and its impact on his body so that he can play active role in its management.
- Various joints injection with steroids, and viscosupplementation.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy service for the various rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders, orthopedic, neurological, and neurosurgical disorders.
- Low back pain (disc prolapse, spondylosis, myofascial pain, ligament sprain, compression fracture, and infection, others…)
- Neck pain (disc prolapse, sprain and strains, myofascial pain, spondylosis, infection)
- Soft tissue rheumatism (various shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle, and feet problems).
- Nerve compression syndrome like carpal tunnel syndrome
- All Inflammatory joint disease like rheumatoid arthritis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, others….
- All Connective tissue disorders including SLE, systemic sclerosis, myositis and vasculitis.
- Crystal induced arthritis (gout, pseudogout)
- Osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases
- Juvenile (Pediatric) arthritis
The department is currently staffed by a board certified rheumatologist and 2 highly qualified, well trained physiotherapist, and it is equipped with the most advanced machines in physical therapy including, laser, ultrasound, shock wave therapy, short wave diathermy, cryotherapy, wax bath, magnetic therapy.
Our department provides a unique environment where the physician, and physical therapists, work together in collaboration with other related hospital specialties and departments including excellent laboratory and radiology department to implement cutting-edge treatment to patients from Suleimani, Kurdistan, and whole Iraq.
All people can benefit from physiotherapy at some point in their lives. While it is well-known that physiotherapists treat injuries, increasing numbers of patients are coming to physiotherapists when they want to take control of their health and stay well.