Urology Clinic at Faruk Medical City (FMC) deals with surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs. Organs under the domain of urology include the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis).
Urology combines the management of medical (non-surgical) conditions, such as urinary-tract infections and benign prostatic hyperplasia, with the management of surgical conditions such as bladder or testes or prostate cancer, kidney and ureteric stones, congenital abnormalities, traumatic injury, and urinary incontinence.
- Clinical assessment of patients and physical examinations and ordering for proper laboratory investigations and/or radiological viewing.
- Ultra sound guided trans rectal needle biopsy of prostate
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Urodynamics and video urodynamics study
- Urine flow measurement
- Intravesical instillation (MYTOMYCIN, BCG, or HYACYST for IC)
- Cystofix and foley catheter insertion.
- Flexible cystoscopy
- Removal of DJS under local anesthesia
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Female Urology
- Male Urlogy
- Microscopic Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Reconstructive Urology